Welcome to my mind, soul, and thoughts.

I am wrapped up in politics, I am a nurturing person, who tends to get very defensive about my nurturing policies.
I do not wish to offend any one with my views on politics or religion, however I choose to express them as my right as a human being.
If you don't like something you see feel free to never come back.. Some expressions I have here may be of adult content, if you are against erotica, BSDM, sex, and open opinions I suggest you read no further. Other wise as always it is my pleasure to share with you the many moods and phases I go through in my life.. Happy reading..

Thursday, November 11, 2010

On Veterans day...My apology..



I have thought about it a million times, how I should address our hero's who chose to defend our country today on Veterans Day..

Some people say thank you and feel as they have done some form of justice. Instead I am going to tell you I am sorry! You may be wondering what I mean by that, and of course you will get an explanation from me, when have I not been a long winded person?

I am sorry, for every ex-vet who has attempted to get medical care, and has been turned away!

I am sorry for every ex-vet who served and lost limbs, that some of you have been tossed aside on the street like a dog, because you cannot work, and the training you received did not suffice, for you beyond the military.

I am sorry for you who are fighting for our freedoms, and you will have to come home to a country that will not respect you as you should be respected!

I am most importantly sorry, that this country let you down! By allowing a man to Call our constitution nothing more than a piece of God Damned paper, and that we continue to elect politicians who treat it the same, while you were and still are willing to die for that piece of paper..

I am sorry that Congress did not care enough to step up and show you the respect you deserved by silencing the man who did this.

I am sorry that when you come home the freedoms you once had will have changed. Due to the extension of the patriot act, people like you, and me who protest these very acts are now looked at by homeland security and compared to terrorist. (At least here in PA they are doing that.)

I am sorry that the rate of suicides are gaining speed amongst you and your brothers due to not receiving the treatment you need and deserve!

I am sorry that you will be forced to buy insurance that you may or may not be able to afford, and that burden will be placed on your family, all due to corporate regulations, and lining of pockets in DC..

I am sorry that the very thing you fight for and against is the very thing that is happening in your country..

I am sorry that your country and citizens of your country continue to fail you while you are willing to give up so much.

Most of all I am sorry that I am only one person and can't do more than I can.. If I could fix it all to let you walk back into the promised land you left I would. I do promise to write letters, call my representatives, and let them know how I feel about them mistreating you, and the new talk about cutting your pay, and not giving you raises, and the fact that I am angry that they will keep their six-figured salaries, and ex-presidents will keep their half a million dollar offices, that are paid for by my tax dollars while they continue to talk about further cutting your funding.

Bless you and your families for serving, and from one American Citizen to a Veteran I want to thank you, but I want you to know I am sorry we have let you down here, and while many citizens will never stop to listen to your stories, to buy you lunch, to see freedom as you so see it, and there are more people willing to give up freedoms that you fight to keep, all to be shielded and protected by the very governments that toss you aside. I am sorry.. so very sorry!

4 comments:

  1. Very good. I agree with you so much here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put. I enjoyed reading this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you have said... you know i com froma military famiy an this means alot to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sherry, I myself have lots of military, in my family and friends.It is hard to see the things that happen to them.. It is hard to see how easily they are dis guarded by society, when they are the patrons who fight to defend our freedoms. Our government is the ones responsible for the orders given, they are only responsible for carrying out those orders.. Why people hold them responsible and not the government I will never know..

    ReplyDelete